The Department of Higher Education, Research, Science and Technology (DHERST) wishes to inform TVETSSP applicants on the outcome of the 2017 Scholarship Round. Here is the list of awardees for 2017. The Department congratulates the awardees.
Under the TVETSSP Phase 2 (2017 – 2021) design, successful applicants are now awarded through three categories: (1) Open, (2) District, and (3) Industry. This year, Usino Bundi is the first District to partner with DHERST under the District Category. Note that all awards under the District Category are conditional and subject to full implementation of the partnership arrangements between the respective District and DHERST.
All awardees will be studying at various Registered Training Organisations (RTO) in North Queensland, Australia between June – December 2017. The awardees have until 21st April 2017 to submit completed Visa Applications for DHERST to make travel arrangements. A completed visa application consists of:
- Completed Australian Student Visa Forms (Form 157, Form 956, Family Detail Form and Students Check List Form)
- Certified Copies of Passport, Birth Certificate, NID, Grade 12 and Grade 10 Certificates and other certificates acquired
- Copy of Police Clearance
Failure to provide the above documents before the 21st of April 2017 will result in forfeit of the scholarship. Successful applicants must therefore attend to the following immediately:
Lodge in Passport Applications for processing. Fast processing Passport Application Fee is K300.00. All awardees are advised to pay the amount in order to fast track processing of passports.
Passport Processing Requirements: Birth Certificates and (NID) National Identification Documents – as required by PNG Immigrations (This excludes the old ‘Blue’ coloured Birth Certificates); 2X Passport size photos & K300.00 receipt from local Treasury Cash Office
Passport Applications are to be lodged at the Office of Immigrations and Citizenship, Moale Haus, Waigani, N.C.D
Awardees must also provide the following necessary documents in order to process Visa Applications.
- Complete Form 157A (Application for a Student Visa) which will be sent with the acceptance letter
- 4 recent passport size photos (with the name of the applicant printed at the back of each photograph)
- Police Clearance to be obtained from nearest Police Station
- Certified Copies of Your Birth Certificate, Grade 12 Certificate and Passport
- Medical Check – you will be given HAP ID letters from the Australian Immigration Centre in Port Moresby after your Visa Applications has been lodged for you to do your medical checks.
Successful applicants have until the 21st of April to confirm acceptance of Scholarships, which must be written and faxed, posted or emailed to:
P.O. Box 5117 BOROKO, N.C.D,
Email: Stella-Marie.Martin@dherst.gov.pg or Nancy.Lucas@dherst.gov.pg
Phone: 3012008 / 3012009 / 3012088 / 3012037 / 3012017 / 3012046 Fax: 325 8386/325 8406
Note: All completed visa applications are to be submitted to DHERST by 7th May 2017. This includes all attachments and your passports. No application will be accepted after the due date.
Editor’s note: PDF versions of this notice can be downloaded here: