Major policy and papers on PNG’s higher and technical education, and research, science and technology
- Higher Education (General Provisions) Act 2014
- National Higher and Technical Education Plan 2015-2024
- DHERST Corporate Plan 2015-2017
- Independent Review of the PNG University System, Namaliu, R. & Garnaut, R., 2010
- Needs Analysis of PNG TVET Colleges, AusAID, 2011
- Office of Higher Education Annual Management Report 2013
- DHERST Statistics 2013
- Annual Survey of Institutions of Higher Education 2012
- Annual Survey of Institutions of Higher Education 2011
Conference & other papers
- Strategies for Tertiary Education in PNG, Kavanamur, D., Baki, L., and Baird, J., 2014 PNG Update, 2014.
- ‘Achieving Vision 2050 Through Higher Education, Research, Science & Technology’ Conference Proceedings, 7th Houn Seminar, Unitech, 2013.
- Aligning the Papua New Guinea National Qualifications Frameworks, Quality Assurance, Policy Directions and Regional Frameworks, Paka, W. and Baird, J., (n.d).
- Coordination of External Quality Assurance, National Policy and Aid Priorities: An Example from PNG, Paka, W. and Baird. J., (n.d).
- Cloud Gazing: Mapping the Effects of Online Technologies on Higher Education Quality Assurance, Baird, J. and Paka, W., APQN 2016.
- Implementing and Reviewing the PNG National Qualifications Framework
for the Tertiary Sector in PNG, Paka, W. and Baird, J., (n.d).
Further information on department and sector activities can also be found in the Department’s media releases.