The Government of Morocco has renewed its scholarship for the academic year 2017 – 2018 and is offering ten (10) scholarships for Papua New Guinea students to study in various fields: economics, science and technical fields.
Since French is the language of instruction in most Moroccan universities, PNG students will undertake one year training prior to admission in the undergraduate program of their choice at a university in Morocco.
Applicants apply for a scholarships should be between the ages of 19 – 23 years old for a Bachelor degree. Candidates who have been selected and accepted need to obtain a Moroccan visa (3 month student visa).
Categories for scholarship and deadlines are:
|Category||Application Deadline||Commencement Date|
|Category A||15th August 2017||1st week of September, 2017|
|Category B||15th August 2017||1st week of September, 2017|
|Category C||15th November, 2017||1st January, 2018 for students with French language pre-requisite|
To be eligible for a scholarship, the following requirements must be provided:
- Completed application form
- (2) authenticated/certified copies of diploma or grade 12 certificates
- (2) authenticated/certified copies of transcripts of baccalaureate/high school
- (2) authenticated/certified copies of birth certificates
- (2) copies of passport (if available)
- A recent police report
- A medical certificate issued by a recognized public health authority (Applicant may undergo medical check upon arrival in Morocco)
- Three (3) recent color identity photos with full name and nationality of applicant on the back of the photos
- Applicants for Masters or the Doctorate (PhD) must provide in addition to the above documents, certified true copies of their higher education diplomas, transcripts and curriculum completed, as well as a copy of final dissertation/thesis/doctoral proposal.
NB: Incomplete applications will not be considered.
All interested applicants can obtain a copy of the application form through this website www.amci.ma . Alternatively, you can contact DHERST Tertiary Admissions and Scholarships Division on the following numbers: 301 2006 or 301 2039 or email Jenny.Gaiyam@dherst.gov.pg or Terence.Pogo@dherst.gov.pg for a copy of the application form or for further information.
All completed application forms must be submitted by or before the deadline 15th August, 2017 and addressed to:
Manager, International Scholarships Branch
Tertiary Admissions and Scholarships Division
Department of Higher Education, Research, Science & Technology
P O Box 5117 BOROKO
National Capital District