The Department of Higher Education, Research, Science and Technology (DHERST) is now seeking to engage a Higher and Technical Education Quality Assurance Technical Advisor for a short term contract and to be appointed under the PIP funded TVETSSP Phase 2 (2018 – 2022) and the Accreditation and Quality Assurance Programs.
TVETSSP Phase 2 (2018 – 2022)
The TVETSSP Phase 2 Program’s overarching aim is to support the diversification of regional economies by facilitating quality place-based Smart Specialization TVET Centers of Excellence.
The Program specifically seeks to give coherence and focus to the development of TVET skills in place based priority areas by improving quality (as per the PNG National Qualifications Framework and the National Standards for Higher and Technical Education Institutions) in the existing Colleges and Training Institutions.
The Program will work with Provinces and existing Institutions to establish Smart Specialized Centers of Excellence and will provide scholarships for young Papua New Guineans to acquire skills qualifications in each of these regional centres.
The contract will be for a six-month period with a possibility of extension.
Requirements for the Role:
- Should have qualifications at PhD level and in fields related to Education and or Higher Education Quality Assurance
- Should have 10 or more years of professional experience in Quality Assurance (Higher Education)
- Understands the demographics of the Papua New Guinea Higher and Technical Education Sector.
- Has International experience in Higher Education Quality Assurance would be an advantage.
Engagement is anticipated in mid-August 2017.
How to apply
Submit an expression of interest to the address below providing the following documents:
- Curriculum Vitae;
- Academic Qualifications, and;
- At least three professional references.
Department of Higher Education, Research, Science and Technology
PO Box 5117, Boroko NCD
Papua New Guinea
All applications must be received no later than 9th August 2017.
Further information can be gathered from by contacting Elsie Vincent on phone: (+675) 301 2064 or email: QAD@dherst.gov.pg
Editor’s note: A PDF version of this advertisement can be downloaded here.